Bring your SLAB project to the next level! SLAB 3D View takes any SLAB View project and adds incredible 3D visualization, improves interpretation and gives you the power to view plume migration from any perspective. An extensive collection of visualization tools allows for complete control over project visualization.
SLAB 3D View Introduction
SLAB 3D View is a three-dimensional visualization software for the SLAB View program. SLAB View gave you a two-dimensional depiction of the creation and spread of a plume caused by an accidental release of chemicals. SLAB 3D View takes this to the next level giving you the first three-dimensional visualization of the creation and spread of the airborne plume generated in SLAB View.SLAB 3D View dramatically improves visualization of accidental release predictions. This is very important when presenting results to non-experts, litigation support, and public hearings.SLAB 3D View easily guides you to produce high impact results and makes interpretation of complex data a snap. It also facilitates the understanding of time-dependent concentration and exposure duration. Producing professional animations of release migration is easy and automatic in SLAB 3D View.
SLAB 3D View Sample Animations
Sample animations generated using SLAB 3D View's powerful visualization tools can be downloaded below. These animations provide only a small example
of what can be generated using SLAB 3D View. Complete control over plume characteristics, site map overlays and concentration contours make virtually any perspective possible! Each animation includes a brief
description and is contained in a convenient self-extracting ZIP file. To download, simply click on the highlighted animation title. After the animation has been uncompressed, load the AVI using your favorite
Self-extracting ZIP file (516 KB)
Self-extracting ZIP file (359 KB)
SLAB 3D View Key Features
Some features that will save you a hours and enhance your project include:
- The complete freedom to manipulate the 3D model any way you want. You can rotate the image on three separate axes, zoom in and out on the image, switch to wire-frame mode, reset the image, adjust the timestep backwards and forwards, and switch to preview mode for much faster manipulation of the image.
- Seamlessly import any existing SLAB View project or data to produce instant 3D visualization.
- The SLAB 3D View User's Guide includes pictures and graphical information to assist you in quickly applying SLAB View to your best advantage.
- The ability to save any particular view you may want to revisit and to access any saved views from a convenient list of views.
- Easily create and play three-dimensional animation showing the growth of the airborne plume over time.
- Display site maps as terrain for your 3D model from a variety of sources including AutoCAD DXF and USGS DLG files.
- SLAB 3D View comes with a context-sensitive "Help that really helps," which provides you with a very clear explanation of the modeling requirements.
- Complete control over plume visualization including the ability to choose specific timesteps, change contour concentration levels, apply vertical exaggeration and specify mesh detail.
- SLAB 3D View comes with 1 year of free upgrades and 1 year of technical support.
SLAB 3D View System Requirements:
- An IBM or IBM-compatible machine and a Pentium processor or higher
- At least 50 MB of available hard disk space
- At least 32 MB of memory (RAM) (64+ MB is highly recommended)
- Windows 95/98/2000 or Windows NT
- CD-ROM drive (for installation)