EQuIS LakeWatch allows a user to analyze and report on water quality in lakes and reservoirs using a single software package.
- Monitoring lakes and reservoirs is a three-part process that involves the:
- Collection of profile and sample data
- Analysis to determine nutrient level trends over time and reporting on those trends
Management Decisions based on the results obtained from testing
To date, the industry has focussed on collecting data from lakes and reservoirs, but there has never been a single solution for analyzing trends within the data...that is until EQuIS LakeWatch.
EQuIS LakeWatch employs state-of-the-art database technology to manage the data collected, analyze and trend changes over time, and then report the trophic (nutrient) level of the water.
Where previously a combination of software packages were used for this purpose, EQuIS LakeWatch is able to perform all of these tasks in a single software package.
Click to download a technical specification
This provides the following advantages:
- Saves Time & Money - EQuIS LakeWatch is five to eight times faster than the old methods of analyzing and reporting trophic levels using spreadsheets and statistical packages. The database structure and pre-coded mathematical calculations reduce the tedious analysis that would usually take days or weeks to just a few hours.
- Ease of Use - superb, easy to use graphical displays of all sample and profile data, which can be investigated for integrity at the click of a button. EQuIS LakeWatch is able to import your existing data and delivers outputs in standard file format.
- Early Warning - deseasonalizing the data and then trending it over time, with a prediction of the probability of the event happening, means you can see how quickly a lake or reservoir is degrading or improving.
- Quantitative Results - the Burns Trophic Level, or Carlson Trophic State indicators deliver clear numerical values for water quality. This helps you make informed decisions on management based on definite results.
- Accurate - since the data is manipulated according to carefully coded rules, the risk of error is minimised.
- Catering for Eco Diversity - results are consistent across ecologically diverse environments