- Improved User Interface
- Export to Sanitas now supported in Standard Version
- Export to Indiana Department of Environmental Management text file format.
- Improved Reporting -- Options to shade detected values or values exceeding a specified limit; also automatically sizing report columns.
- Easier to Use -- Improved assistance for complicated tasks.
- ChemPoint Professional now includes twelve different types of graphs.
- Support for a new monitoring well superseding an older monitoring well for statistical analysis.
- Improved support for sampling events that extend over multiple days.
- Improved support for statistical analysis of data sets with blind duplicates.
- Simplified text file import with the Universal Importer.
- Export to Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) text files
- Completely rewritten with an all new user-interface (MS Outlook style)
- All converters, utilities, data management, reporting, and well construction diagrams integrated into a single application
- Simplified data import from text/dBase/Access
- Simplified import from Sanitas, Monitor, DUMPStat, and GRITS
- Simplified sampling event setup
- Drag-and-drop parameter management
- Spreadsheet style interface for data entry
- All facility data in a single file
- Simplified sample container management
Additionally, ChemPoint solves the common problem of multiple names for the same parameter and allows easy changing or parameter names, location IDs, or sampling dates.
- Assistance pages guide you through complex tasks
- Sufficient data fields for all common environmental monitoring needs
- Track sampling dates, sampling locations, containers, analysis results
- Easy data entry from user-defined lists
- Oversized, colored fonts to minimize human error on data entry
- Import US EPA GRITS data
- Import analytical laboratory data in dBASE, Paradox, or tab-delimited ASCII text files with almost any structure
- Export data in XYZ format for contouring
- Most extensive set of utilities available to maintain database integrity
- Modular design allows for data access using third-party Borland Delphi applications
- User-friendly interface with complete context-sensitive on-line Help
- Export data in a format compatible with most commercial statistical analysis applications
If you're currently tracking your data in multiple dBASE, Lotus, or Excel files with different format, ChemPoint is the Environmental Data Management System you have been waiting for. For the first time, ChemPoint's powerful importer module allows you to collect all of your existing data and collate it into a powerful relational database format for easy access.
ChemPoint is an environmental sampling database management application for Microsoft Windows. It was developed to track ground-water data at RCRA and CERCLA facilities. Although designed to manage soil and ground-water sampling results from RCRA and CERCLA facilities, ChemPoint is also suitable for the management of air-quality sampling data.
ChemPoint is designed for easy data entry while minimizing human error. Drop-down lists are used extensively. ChemPoint always tracks data with the full parameter name. The user interface includes use of colored and oversize fonts to display critical information, drop-down lists for data selection, spin buttons, and page tabs. Assistant Pages guide the user step-by-step through complex tasks such as setting up a sampling event, or starting a new facility. ChemPoint includes support for duplicate and replicate analyses. Parameters commonly reported or analyzed statistically can be grouped into facility-specific suites for easier management.
Additional program features in ChemPoint include support for multiple data directories, easy backup of data, and extensive Windows-style context-sensitive on-line Help. ChemPoint's date storage is fully year-2000 compliant. To report data, tab-delimited files are created in a variety of formats for importing into spreadsheet applications. Data can also be exported to XYZ formatted files for contouring. To simplify statistical analysis with available commercial statistics packages, export options include reporting non-detects as ND<X" 0, 1/2 detection limit, or detection limit.
Easy to Use
ChemPoint uses Assistance Pages to step through complex tasks. Oversized and colored fonts are used to minimize human error on data entry. Many data items are selected from user-defined lists. Default values are specified to expedite data entry. ChemPoint includes a complete and detailed context-sensitive on-line help.
ChemPoint makes extensive use of user-defined lists to simplify data entry. Easily specify your own values for items such as sample container type and size, well construction materials, laboratories, and personnel.
Chemical Parameter Management
For data entry, ChemPoint groups parameters as they are reported by the laboratory. For reporting, a different set of groupings is available.
ChemPoint tracks facility information, sampling locations, sampling dates, monitoring well construction, sample containers, and laboratory analysis results along with all the related information. There is support for multiple sample containers for a location, duplicate analysis, split samples, and replicate measurements.
ChemPoint imports U.S. EPA GRITS/STAT data. ChemPoint's universal conversion utility can convert data from most proprietary databases. ChemPoint also reads data from many analytical laboratories.
ChemPoint includes a powerful reporter described below. ChemPoint also writes data to XYZ-format files for contouring applications.
Statistical Analysis Support
Need statistical analysis of your data? ChemPoint is designed to work with ChemStat for RCRA-compliant statistical analysis. However ChemPoint can also create a generic file for importing into other statistical applications such as SAS, SPSS, Statistica, or MiniTab.
Easily create customizable reports of all your data. Includes stock reports that you can customize. Data are printed in a table format as a single table or master detail relationship. Save your customized reports as templates for easy reuse.
Designed specifically for ChemPoint data, the ChemPoint Reporter is much easier and faster than commercial reporting modules such as Crystal Reports, Report Smith or Quick Reports, and includes some reports that cannot be created with those products.
ChemPoint Reporter Features
- Easy tabbed design to select from multiple reports.
- Choice of multiple fonts for each report.
- Choice of border styles for tables.
- Print page with choice of headers or footers.
- Choose which fields to include in the report.
- Report non-detects as 0, 1/2 detection limit, detection limit, 'ND<?', '<?', or 'BDL'.
- Choice of page margins and portrait or landscape orientation.
- Automatically repeat table headers on the next page.
- Export tables as tab-delimited ASCII text files.