MODFLOWwin32 is a advanced pre and postprocessing version of this popular groundwater flow model, originally developed by the USGS. MODFLOW is a 3D
finite-difference groundwater flow model, and there are many versions available. Unlike other versions of MODFLOW, however, MODFLOWwin32 was developed specifically for Microsoft Windows (Win32s) and Windows NT. Using a unique
technology, MODFLOWwin32 runs as a DLL which is controlled by a shell program or by ContourWin32 which is provided with MODFLOWwin32.
- Runs 10 to 20 percent faster than other versions of MODFLOW for DOS!
- Contains the BCF2, BCF3, PCG2, STREAM Routing, and Aquifer Compaction Packages
- User interface organizes file names and allows user to abort the simulation or force convergence when the solution oscillates
- Uses all memory available to Windows, including virtual memory
- Runs as a 32-bit DLL in Windows V3.1+, Windows NT, and Windows 95
- Reads files created by all popular MODFLOW preprocessors
- All MODFLOW manuals have been reformatted as Windows Help files
- Provides several user-selectable levels of multi-tasking, even under Windows V3.1
- Iteration data displayed as MODFLOWwin32 runs.
WHY GROUNDWATER VISTAS
The other major groundwater modeling products were ported
from Unix or DOS. GV was designed for Windows 95, 98, and NT exclusively. GV offers cut/copy/paste, WYSIWYG printing, and a multi-document interface.
- Telescopic Mesh Refinement
Telescopic Mesh Refinement (TMR) is the
process of creating a local scale Refined model from a large scale model. Both steady state and transient TMR models can be created. No other modeling interface has this capability!
- Automated Calibration
GV already supports not just one but a variety
of inverse (auto-calibration) models including PEST, UCODE, and a new inverse model built right into the GV interface. You may calibrate on any combination of aquifer parameters including hydraulic conductivity, vertical
conductance, boundary head, well flow rate, recharge, and evapotranspiration. No other modeling interface has this capability!
- All MODFLOW Versions
GV supports all versions of MODFLOW, MT3D, and
MODPATH, including MODFLOW'96, MODFLOWT, MODFLOW-SURFACT, MT3D'96, MT3DMS, and RT3D. No other modeling interface has this capability!
- RT3D Model
GV supports the use of the RT3D model, a multi-species
reactive transport code based on MT3D. RT3D is designed to simulate natural attenuation processes, accelerated bioremediation schemes, and dissolution of NAPLs.
- Monte Carlo Risk Analysis
You may upgrade the standard GV to
Stochastic Groundwater Vistas and get special Monte Carlo versions of MODFLOW, MODPATH, and MT3D. No other modeling interface has this capability!
- 3D Visualization
GV exports data to a variety of formats for viewing
model results using the latest 3D products, including Slicer, Earth Vision, EVS, Environmental Workbench, Tecplot, and others. No other modeling interface supports this many formats!
- Hydrostratigraphic Units
GV now includes the option of defining
hydrostratigraphic units, which are defined by grouping aquifer units together. Several zones, spanning several layers can be grouped together, for performing group sensitivity analyses and calibration. This new feature
saves you time!
- Matrix Calculator
This important new feature allows you to display a combination of any selected model parameters (conductivity, recharge,
layer elevation, etc.) or computed value (head, concentration, velocity, etc.) This enables you to show input/output relationships.
- Import/Export Anything!
You may import just about any type of data
into Groundwater Vistas and export it back out again. File types include SURFER grid files, DXF files, ASCII text files, matrix files, MODFLOW files, etc. You may also use cut/copy/paste to and from any spreadsheet in GV.
ADVANCED (Stochastic) GROUNDWATER VISTAS
- Stochastic MODFLOW and Groundwater Vistas is the first modeling environment for the MODFLOW family of models that allows for the quantification of
- Stochastic Groundwater Vistas includes
- Monte Carlo versions of MODFLOW, MODPATH and MT3D
- New stochastic processing features in Groundwater Vistas
- Groundwater Vistas User's Guide and Documentation
- Tutorial for beginners
- Geostatistical Simulators
- GV3 supports SWIFT (large discount on SWIFT if bundled with GV3)
- The approach used by Stochastic MODFLOW is the Monte Carlo technique, a common method employed by groundwater professionals for assessing risk. In the
past, however, these risk assessments have relied primarily on simple analytical solutions and calculations. Here for the first time is a practical tool for assessing risk using more complex and real-world groundwater
models. We are excited about these new Monte Carlo models and hope that Stochastic MODFLOW will bring groundwater modeling to a new level.
- Types of Graphical Displays for Stochastic Groundwater Vistas
- Contour and/or color flood of mean head, drawdown, or concentration
- Contour and/or color flood of standard deviation for head, drawdown, or concentration
- Contour and/or color flood of geostatistical simulations
- Contour and/or color flood of any particular realization
- Scatter plot of calibration statistics versus realization number
- CDF, PDF, and CCDF plots for head, drawdown, or concentration at targets and observation wells
- Breakthrough curves with confidence limits
- Probability of Capture may be contoured and color flooded
- Main Features of Stochastic Groundwater Vistas
- Groundwater Vistas performs all preprocessing and postprocessing
- Monte Carlo models may be launched directly from GV
- Virtually any aquifer property or boundary condition can be sampled using normal, lognormal, uniform, log-uniform, or triangular distributions
- Hydraulic conductivity and leakance can use geostatistical simulation results
- Monte Carlo simulations may be conditioned to remove unrealistic results
- Compute mean and standard deviation for head, drawdown, and concentration
- Extract or delete individual realizations
- Condition based upon any combination of calibration statistical measures
- Summary report of parameter values sampled in each realization
Pentium-class processor running Windows 9x, ME, NT, or 2000 or XP
128 MB RAM
1024x768 w/ High Color (min.)
100 MB disk space
New in Version 3
What is MODFLOW Win32?
What is Advanced (Stochastic) Groundwater Vistas?
Why Groundwater Vistas?
NEW IN VERSION 3.0
- Supports New Models including MODFLOW2000, MT3D99, GFLOW - 2D (steady-state analytic element model)
- Optimization Models for Wellfield and Pump and Treat Design including Brute Force (exclusive to GV3), MODOFC, REMAX
- New Calibration Features including support for PEST ASP, auto-sensitivity analysis script files and MODFLOW2000 inverse model supported
- New Windows Interfaces for MT3DMS, MODPATH Version 3.2, MODFLOW2000
- Other New Features include:
- Export EVS UCD format files
- Support for SURFER Version 7 files
- New MODFLOW2000Lake3 Package
- Enhanced file management
- Much, much more…
- Displays both plan & cross-sectional views
- Run all supported models from within GV
- Numerous built in graphical outputs
- Integration with ArcView and EQuIS
- Supports MODFLOW2000, MT3D99, GFLOW, MODPATH 3.2, MT3DMS, RT3D, PATH3D, MODFLOWT, and MODFLOW-SURFACT
- Automatic Calibration procedure and supports PEST ASP and UCODE model-independent calibration software
- Support for SEAWAT: Simulation of Three-Dimensional Variable-Density Ground-Water Flow
- Imports existing MODFLOW, ModelCad and FLOWPATH files
- Imports data from SURFER and ASCII files
- Export results to SURFER, Slicer, DXF, BMP, WMF, Earth Vision, EVS, Tecplot, ArcView and ASCII files
Groundwater Vistas - advanced groundwater model design and
analysis for MODFLOW, MODPATH, MT3D99, RT3D, and PESTGroundwater Vistas Categories: flow models - localization, flow models - pathlines/capture zones, flow models - saturated zone, flow models
- unsaturated zone, hydrogeochemical models, model interfaces and modeling shells, multiphase flow and transport, saltwater intrusion models, solute transport models - saturated zone,
solute transport models - unsaturated zone,
Groundwater Vistas Description
Groundwater Vistas (GV) is a sophisticated Windows graphical user interface
for 3-D groundwater flow & transport modeling . GV
couples a powerful model
design system with comprehensive graphical analysis tools. Developed by the
author of ModelCadTM, GV is a model-independent graphical design system for
(both steady-state and transient versions), MT3DMS,
MODFLOWT, MODFLOW-SURFACT, MODFLOW2000, GFLOW, RT3D, PATH3D, SEAWAT and PEST, the model-independent calibration software. The combination of PEST
GV's automatic sensitivity analysis make GV a powerful calibration tool.
The advanced version of Groundwater Vistas provides the ideal groundwater
risk assessment tool. Groundwater Vistas
is the first modeling environment
MODFLOW family of models that allows for the quantification of uncertainty. Stochastic (Advanced) Groundwater Vistas includes, Monte Carlo versions of
MODFLOW, MODPATH and MT3D, Geostatistical Simulators SWIFT support advanced
output options and more.
GV displays the model design in both plan and cross-sectional views using a
split window (both views are visible at the same time). Model results are
presented using contours, shaded contours, velocity vectors, and detailed
analysis of mass balance.