Pocket WinLoG Features
Data Entry Features
Easy data entry screens for doing field work.
- Use the stylus pen to easily enter any data into your logs.
- From the menu tree form, select the data type required and enter log data in the form.
- Form screens include tabs, scroll bars, arrow, add & minus, macro, help buttons, select text and keyboard features for you to input all data without
changing the screen of your log.
- All the data, once entered on the form, is automatically saved into your logs.
Use Pocket WinLoG templates for quick borehole data entry.
- Download your WinLoG templates to your Pocket PC for quick data entry in the field.
- Pocket WinLoG can store an unlimited number of templates previously designed in the WinLoG desktop version.
- Pocket templates are represented on the menu tree form, displaying the types of data that can be entered for the log.
Create an unlimited number of logs for each project .
- Borehole data is stored within a project with no restrictions to log design.
- Save all logs individually within a project.
- Borehole data can contain: general header and footer data, borehole depths, elevation,
lithologies, samples, well data, remarks, graphs, water contents, core, symbols, and memos.
Borehole logs can be completed quickly and easily on-site.
- Copy a previous log completed and easily edit the data to create a new log.
- Click on the macros button in the lithology and well information forms for quick and easy data entry.
- Add or remove wells, remarks, and graphs in your logs.
- General header and footer information is filled out on the initial form from your template.
- Unlimited number of text characters in lithology and remarks columns.
- Choose contact angles, symbols, and or macros to complete lithologies.
- Input sample information, symbols, values, by borehole depth.
Choose various symbols from the libraries for strata, sample, well components and core data.
- Download as many library symbols as required to complete your logs.
- Symbols are easily viewed on screen, when selected individually, shows on the form with the data.
- Complete well diagrams in the field by choosing your well type including annotations, water
levels, well components or use a well macro for quick data entry.
- Enter graph data easily by depth and value.
Data Storage Features
- Pocket WinLoG has been specifically designed for the Pocket PC and has a very small program size, approximately 350 kb.
- To reduce the storage requirements to a minimum, all log data, template and macro data are
stored as binary files; typical borehole log files are 2 to 10 kb.
- An average of 200 logs can be stored in 1 MB of memory.
Data Transfer Features
- Use Microsoft ActiveSync to synchronize Pocket WinLoG with your desktop to upload and download data easily and quickly.
- Email your Pocket WinLoG data from remote sites to the office for editing and printing in the desktop version of WinLoG.
- Easily select the templates and symbol libraries in WinLoG to download to Pocket WinLoG.
- All lithology and well macros can be downloaded to Pocket WinLoG using a simple menu command in WinLoG.
- Entire projects or individual logs can be imported from Pocket WinLoG into either new or existing projects in the desktop version of WinLoG.
Pocket WinLoG has been designed to run on a variety of pocket computers. Below are the software and hardware requirements for the program.
On the Pocket PC:
- Microsoft Windows CE 3.0 (Windows Powered Pocket PC)
On the desktop:
- WinLoG version 3.11 or higher
- Microsoft Windows 98/2000/NT or XP
- Microsoft ActiveSync version 3.5 or higher
On the Pocket PC:
- minimum of 16 MB of memory
On the desktop
- minimum of 64 MB of memory
- minimum of 64 MB of free disk space
- CD-ROM drive.